backgrounds

Monday, September 9, 2013

Sunrise or Lily Pads...

Tache, Tache, Tache! Well, today I did Painting................. You know, the usual. But it was different painting today, not watercolour. We took a look at Claude Monet's paintings, but mostly Sunrise and Lilypads. Two of his most famous paintings.

I had already done Lily pads last year so I got to do another painting leading on from that. The reason why these paintings look so cool is basically because of the brush strokes and tache, (touch). We chose to do vertical lines for the water and horizontal lines for the sky or lily pads, (depending on what you chose). You also mix the paints on the canvas instead of the pallet...... 

Well, I've got to go home now, but I'll post again next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment