backgrounds

Tuesday, September 18, 2012



I'm so sad it's the last day of the term. It wouldn't actually be the last day, but we're the only day that hasn't missed a day yet so now it is our turn because next Tuesday are the workshops for entry selection to Enrich.
         
We started off with Leader board Chess. I played Katlyn and man she gave me a run for my money!! Thank heavens we had the chess clock though, it saved my life! In the first game Katlyn was left with around 9 players and I think I was down to about 4 players, and for the second game it was about the same. 

Next we went on to Passion Time. My Passion is Painting but because of the mess me and a few other people made last week we weren't allowed to paint, I think that's fair enough though. So instead of painting I sketched a mountain. To be honest I think I might keep to painting because sketching, doesn't look to good when I do it. 

We had a little morning tea and then went into P4C.  The topic for P4C was "Do we have the right to Pollute?". My answer was... Half of the Pollution we can't help, example: showering, toast and waste. For showering some of us just stand there and think about our day when the water was running. It takes electricity to warm the water and the longer the water is running the more electricity it uses up. On the lines of electricity, there is TV.  Ahhh the great plasma or flatscreen, but whats the difference between radio and TV except for the picture?? Yes it's alright to have a TV but don't blow all your money on a flatscreen. All anyone needs is just a small one. Think  how much packaging it takes to wrap a flatscreen TV, and now how much it takes to wrap one half the size?? Plus all the plastic it takes to wrap it, where does it go because it takes about 80-100 years roughly to decay into the ground. 

So pretty exciting day. Adios Enrich........ Until next term.....

No comments:

Post a Comment